Kent County Parks says seasonal changes have begun at parks across Kent County.
Those changes vary from park to park.
Generally speaking, park restrooms are closed between Nov. 1 and April 30. However, several Kent County parks will stay open until sunset and still have at least one restroom open for as long as the weather cooperates, those parks are:
- Brewer Park
- Caledonia Lakeside Park
- Chief Hazy Cloud Park
- Creekside Park
- Dutton Shadyside Park
- Dwight Lydell Park
- Fallasburg Park
- Johnson Park
- Long Lake Park
- Luton Park
- Millennium Park
- Palmer Park
- Pickerel Lake Nature Preserve
- Rogue River Park
- Townsend Park
- Wabasis Park
- Wahlfield Park
Kent County Parks shares their off-season plans for county parks in Byron Township:
- Off-Season Hours: 7 am – Sunset (the front portion of the park)
- The lot is plowed up to and including the garage area. Please do not drive past that area.
- Disc golf is available for use in the back but requires a hike in through the snow to get to it. Dog walking, cross country skiing, and walking the lot are available.
- The playground area is also open, but the lot leading to it is not plowed.
- The vault toilets near the disc golf course are open, but difficult to get to.
Douglas Walker Park
- Off-Season Hours: 7 am – 3 pm
- Please note that the gate will only be open if staff are present that day. The gate closes and is locked at 3 pm, so please make sure to move your car by then. If there is a reservation, the sign is moved and the gate is opened all the way.
- The lot, turnaround, and trail up to the garage are plowed. Cross country skiing, dog-walking, walking, and playground areas are available for use. However, the area around the playground is not shoveled or cleared.
- There are NO bathrooms available.